We all have that special woman in our lives, and this Sunday is the time to celebrate her. That’s right, Mother’s Day has arrived, and whether you’ve got one or many maternal figures, it’s time to do a little extra to let them know the special role they play in your life.
Based on the moms we know, the simple gesture of showing you care is plenty enough, but there’s no reason to leave it at a phone call alone. Consider scooping her up for a day dedicated solely to her. In and around Bolingbrook, we’ve got a bunch of brunch to choose from, but coveted seats are dwindling fast. Of course, you can always take your chances at one of the many neighboring walk-in options, too, but don’t be surprised if there’s a short wait—Mother’s Day consistently reigns as the single busiest restaurant day of the year (yes, even beating out Valentine’s).
- Mother’s Day Brunch at Ashbury’s at Boughton 10:00 AM-2:00 PM.
- Mother’s Day Champagne Brunch at Bolingbrook Golf Club. 9:00 AM-3:00 PM.
Of course, if the thought of elbowing your way to a table sounds a bit of a drag, there are always alternatives. Downtown Downers Grove Market returns for the 2018 season, opening from 7:00 AM-12:30 PM this Saturday, May 12. Start the weekend early and shop local-made—you can even grab all the ingredients to host a homemade brunch of your own. That’s what designer kitchens were made for, after all.
There’s also no reason to limit your time to one meal or a single day because there’s something to keep you both entertained across the whole weekend. If she’s a green thumb, Naperville’s McDonald Farm hosts its Plant Sale and Open House from 8:00 AM-1:00 PM this Saturday, May 12. The event includes tips, tours, a wildflower walk, and more. Gardeners of all abilities are sure to take home a new trick or two from the master gardeners who will be there to tackle the toughest of questions.
Show mom you care by helping to craft a day (or weekend) just for her. Pick and choose from our favorites or give a call to one of her own and see what they might be doing. There are special things happening all around for the most special person we know!
Voice of the Village
Beyond the conventional Mother’s Day options, we’ve got plenty of other great reasons to get out of the house this weekend. Did you know Friday is National Public Gardens Day? Nearby, Morton Arboretum celebrates with vehicle-free biking, programs at The Children’s Garden, and a whole lot more. Thursday boasts open-air fun at The Promenade, and the Lions Club will be spinning the great wheel and handing out meat. Yes. You heard that correct. Temptation abounds, so get out and enjoy a fantastic weekend!
- Pars for Pink Golf Outing – 5:30 PM, 9-hole Shotgun Start, Thursday, May 10 at Bolingbrook Golf Club
- National Public Gardens Day – 7:00 AM-Sunset, Friday, May 11 at The Morton Arboretum
- Boss Lady Expo – 10:00 AM-3:00 PM, Saturday, May 12 at Bolingbrook Community Center
- Summer Crafts and Safety Day – 10:00 AM-5:00 PM, Saturday, May 12 at The Promenade Bolingbrook
- Wheel of Meat Raffle – 2:00-5:00 PM, Saturday, May 12 at Tailgaters Sports Bar with The Bolingbrook Lions Club
- Mother's Day Bike Ride – 8:00-9:00 AM, Sunday, May 13 with LifeStyles Fitness Center
Behind all your stories is always your mother's story. Because hers is where yours begin.